11.27.2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, it's over...the turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, turnip greens, rolls, mac n cheese, broccoli casserole, deviled eggs, corn pudding, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, banana nut muffins, banana nut cake, Italian Cream Cheese Cake and Fruit tea are all gone!! It was, as usual, a feast and was delicious! We always go to Granny Ma's and eat and eat and eat until we can't breathe. The guys gather in one room and talk about who knows what, the girls and the babies are all in the another room making silly noises and faces at each other trying to get the little ones to laugh. We are out growing Granny Ma's living room and are going to have to move some furniture out at Christmas. Our family is growing SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

Our tradition is always the same, but today, Granny Ma said that before the blessing was said, she wanted everyone to tell one thing that they were thankful for. She said, "It's Thanksgiving, and we should be thankful." Paula said that she wished that she could have gotten a picture of all of us in the circle holding hands, but I told her the only way to do that would be from the air! :)

Granny Ma started off with what she was thankful for and from there we all shared our thoughts. It was such a wonderful experience to hear heart felt, no holds barred emotions and know that no one would judge you or your response. We are a very emotional family and have never been afraid to cry at any occasion, happy or sad, and today I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. It was especially sweet to hear Arden and Salem tell what they were thankful for, because children don't understand how important things like family, health and freedom are. I have to say, today was one of the best Thanksgivings I have had in my life. And even though things with the economy are horrible, our country is in a state of uncertainty, and no one knows what will happen tomorrow, none of that mattered today because we had each other! I love you all and thank God I was lucky enough to be born into such a great family!

Now on a lighter note...I can't wait to get up and bust those sales wide open @ 5:00! If you are going shopping, be safe and have fun!

Arden Claire in deep thought! Jennifer and Mylie Rae
Salem telling his mom something important!!
Sweet Sisters!!!

Paula, Arden, Connor and Ramsey
Uncle Danny looking on as Regan steals some love!
Time to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The guys discussing important issues!!
Salem and Channing!!
Mim and her girls in front of the Santa tree!
Daddy's girls!!
Our family!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much Turkey!!!

5 comments:

Regina Campbell said...

Allison,
You guys are so precious. I love the family pic. You look great. Arden is growing into a little lady to quick.
Love,love love,
Regina and gang

Morris Family Of Four said...

Alison,
All the pictures are good but I almost kissed the computer when I saw the last one of Channing. She is adorable!
Got to get to bed,
SHOP TIL YOU HAVE TO GO PEE!
Love, Paula

Danielle said...

You look gorgeous! I love the family photo.

tammyrncheermom said...

Alison,
I just wanted to say I enjoy following your blog and love your pictures. Your girls are precious. I also, had our family go around and tell one thing they are thankful for. Aunt Inez aka Granny Ma is truly precious. You are so blessed! I hope you have a great day and I love you!

House Queen said...

I love your family picture!