11.25.2008

Finally...

I am DONE!! I just put the finishing touches on my tree a few minutes ago and thought I would post some pictures. I usually have an "all Santa" tree because I have been collecting Santas since my mom began buying them for me in high school, and I always add a special one to my collection each year. And I usually put my tree in the living room, which means I have to take an end table out so I can have my tree exactly where I want it and not have to totally re-arrange the room. But this year, there is a swing, a jumparoo, a bumbo, a "lay in the floor and stare at the dangly things above my head" thingy and all of the dogs' toys, plus whatever Arden decides to drag in here. Sooooo...all of the above "USUALLYS" lead me to this...I decided to put my tree in the dining room this year because, Lord knows that room is NEVER used, and my mom gave me these GORGEOUS purple, silver, gold, and iridescent ornaments a couple of years ago and I had not even gotten them out of the boxes until Saturday night.

This year I thought: GREEN DINING ROOM+PURPLE TREE=PERFECT!!! And it is!! I am loving it!!! I am still in the process of getting the Santa tree up, but will post those pictures as soon as I can!







Disclaimer: Please disregard the "fall" decor outside on the front porch! I promise by this weekend, there will be no more "season blending" at our house. It will all be Christmas!!! And I have 12 boxes of outdoor net lights in the garage to back that up! Shhhhh...don't tell Mike! :)

6 comments:

Mim said...

I had forgotten how gorgeous the purple and silver was. I always loved it because it was different. You did a great job! Sure hope Mike doesn't shoot me for giving you all of those net lights! He is a good man if he gets those hooked up this weekend.
Love you, Mom

Morris Family Of Four said...

Alison,
Your tree is beautiful. I am so jealous!
I won't be able to put mine up until after Thanksgiving. (my nephews are very rambunkshus)
I will post MY pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

oooh...how pretty is that!
I'll be lucky to get my tree up the day before Christmas, LOL!

Sheila said...

Alison beautiful, I love decorating, just so much work! I cant wait to see the outside. I am going to post my pics after I finish.
Happy Thanksgiving.
:)
Sheila

House Queen said...

Very pretty!!!! Purple is my favorite color!!! I always end up with a little "season blend" going on around here. I think it has something to do with having a husband and two children to take care of!!!!! lol

Tanya said...

Alison, your tree is beautiful! Purple is my favorite color!! Do you care if I borrow your tree this year??? :-)