12.12.2008

Trooper Cummins...FINALLY!!!


Well, after 19 weeks of intense training and being away from home, Cadet Cummins is now...Trooper Cummins! This week has been a whirlwind! Tuesday morning, I left to go to Gatlinburg for the Title Conference and was stressed beyond belief about leaving the girls. But that all worked out thanks to Kirby, Carrie and Auntie because they all took great care of my babies. On Thursday morning we headed home in a monsoon! I thought it was the absolute worst possible weather to drive in but boy was I wrong! I got home around 2:00, unpacked, packed again and left for Nashville around 4:00. When I got to Woodbury, it was snowing, but not very badly. By Murfreesboro, it was coming a blizzard! I drove 30 miles an hour in the blinding snow and after 2 1/2 hours on the road, made it to the academy to pick Mike up for dinner. I was a nervous wreck and exhausted!!!
Arden, Channing and I stayed in a hotel last night and got up around 6:00 to get ready for the graduation. By 7:45, we left and headed on to the academy for open house and then over to Two Rivers Baptist Church. What a proud wife I was! It was so awesome to see all of those guys and ONE GIRL march in! Below is the video of them coming in together!
Apparently, I have a thing for a man in uniform, because as most of you know, when Mike and I met, he was in the Army. Some things never change, huh????

7 comments:

Mim said...

Pride welled up inside watching Mike and the others during the ceremony. . Mike has worked very hard and accomplished much. You two are a great team and it shows!!! Sweet daughter, do you know how strong, poised and focused you have been? I'm so thankful for both of you. Know you are loved dearly, Mom

Tanya said...

Congratulations to you all Alison! Please tell Mike we are proud of him. Jason will be full of envy as he as always wanted to do something like that. Maybe when I get out of school. :-) Lots of love and we'll see you Sunday.

Morris Family Of Four said...

ALISON,
Tell Mike congratulations!
They showed a little bit of the Graduation on channel 4 news at 6:00 last night.
Glad you made it safely this week.
Love, (Spanky) Paula

House Queen said...

Congratulations to your whole family!!!!

Tammy said...

Congratulations Mr.Mike. I agree with Mim, you are a very strong woman Alison. I freak out when Stacey is gone for the weekend let alone being gone all week. You both are awesome people. I'm happy for the whole Cummins Family.(ps.. tell Mike he knows what I drive so be good to me!!haha)

Sheila said...

Alison what a wonderful Christmas present! I am so happy for your family! You and Mike are both amazing and I am so proud you found each other! God is good all of the time.
Merry Christmas and tell Miss Arden I love her pic. with the "real Santa"
Have a blessed week.
:)
Sheila

Unknown said...

Congratulations!