12.05.2008

Tagged by Paula!

I will answer all the questions, then tag a few people to do the same. All you have to do is copy the questions and answer them for yourself, then tag some more people. Why not, it's Christmas time---spread a little cheer:) and some laughs at the same time:)


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, but I LOVE real trees and that is all we ever had when I was a child.

3. When do you put up your tree? Usually the weekend before Thanksgiving, but it just depends!

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after New Year's Day, but sometimes later.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Fisher Price Cash Register

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom--she does have everything!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you received as a child? Clothes--how times have changed. Now I love getting clothes!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start your Christmas shopping? Usually the day after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's peanut butter balls...I mean truffles!

Funny story...last year at Christmas, all of the girls were laughing about all of the foods that we had made that had the name "balls" in them and how tacky it was... Sausage Balls, Oreo Balls, Peanut Butter Balls, etc. We decided we did not like the way that it sounded, so we changed everything to "truffles". So now we eat Peanut Butter Truffles, Sausage Truffles, and Oreo Truffles. Hehehe!!!

16. Colored lights or clear on tree? Both, but not together!

17. Favorite Christmas song? My Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas CD...yes I am a dork!
My mom bought that record when I was about 5 years old and I LOVED IT! I listened to it all the time. Then, when I was in 5th grade, I got a stereo with a record player. I, of course, played that record constantly until my stereo tore up and we had to send it back. Well, I sort of forgot to take the record out and it got sent back too! I was devastated until a couple of years ago when we got iTunes and I was able to download the entire CD again! YEAH!!!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

20. Angel or star on top of tree? Bow and a Santa

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas? Both

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rushing!!

23. Favorite ornament? Any of the ones that Arden has made me.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Health, happiness, and Mike to FINALLY be done with the academy!!!

25. Favorite holiday treat(cake,cookie,dessert)? My mom's goodies!

Ok, I now tag:

I think everyone has been tagged, so not sure who to tag. If you haven't been, you're it!!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Alison I love the list! I love the closeness you share with your big wonderful family! Who would have thought to rename the balls. hehehe
I just wanted to brag on Mim for the wonderful job she did with the surprise party for Mike Mansfield, everything was just perfect.
Have a blessed Sunday.
:)
Sheila

Saylorsmom said...

I saw Mike on channel 5 tonight!!!