12.14.2008

"Mommy, is that the REAL Santa Claus?"

Last night, Mike, Arden, Channing, my mother in law and father in law and I went to Woodbury to eat dinner with mom and Bob. After a great meal and an "almost" visit to the ER with Channing (that will be another post), we headed home. As we crossed the county line, Mike said, "Why don't we go to the Pitmon's house to see the lights?", and, of course, Arden giggled with delight and agreed!! It was, as usual, GORGEOUS!!! If you haven't been, you should make it a family outing!

After leaving there, we decided to see if a house in town (that we had visited last year) was decorated, and it was! I don't know whose house it is, but it is adorable and the owner dresses up as Santa and hands out candy canes! When we drove by, I didn't see him anywhere, but apparently, he was watching for visitors and came out waving! We stopped the truck, got out, got pictures and Arden even told him what she would like for Christmas! (Channing was asleep by this time, so she skipped the whole Santa experience!) It was truly magical! When we got back in the truck, Arden looked at me and said, "Mommy, is that the real Santa Claus?" And I said, "Yes, it is!! Then she said, "How do you know?" To which I replied, "Santa has many, many houses all over the world, and this is his McMinnville house." She said, "Well, it sure is pretty!!" She was in awe and amazement with the whole thing, and it was precious!

Here is a picture of Arden with the "real" Santa! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!


Info on the houses: The Pitmon's live in Collinwood and the other house is off of Red Road. Turn right at the light(coming from town) and then first road on your right. I am so not good with directions. I know landmarks, so it is near Dr. Reuter's office, if that is helpful! :)

5 comments:

Tanya said...

How sweet Alison! She looks so excited! I remember that feeling so well..Where is this house at? I would love to take Olivia. (By the way, you are such a good mommy!)

Tammy said...

That is sweet. Thank goodness that Andy and Graylin still have that magical glow about Santa. It is so sad when they get bigger and just laugh the whole Santa thing off. Rylan tries to tell Andy that there is no Santa and Andy just laughs him off and tells him then don't expect anything for Christmas!!! Graylin is really pumped about everything this year, she can't wait for Santa to come.
PS I don't think Andy is going to make it till Friday to tell Arden what he got her. I would not be surprised if he already hasn't told her, the boy is like his daddy and can't keep a secret!!!

Saylorsmom said...

Info on the houses please...Saylor loves to go look at lights and seeing Santa would really thrill her.

Unknown said...

Yes, please leave info. (when you get time) My children would love that! Thanks for sharing :)

MaKayla said...

check out my blog!!!!