10.12.2008

Randomness...

I am so glad that our fall break is here. I don't have any plans for this week, except to clean house and help Arden organize her room. It is a disaster area in there!!! Friday night, Carrie, Caylie, Arden, Regan, Kirby and I are going to see Rascal Flatts! This will be the first time since Channing was born that I have had a night for me! I can't wait to see Arden's face when the concert starts! She is going to go nuts! She has never been to a real concert before because she has always hated loud noises. But we took her to her first Indy race this summer and she loved that, so I am pretty sure she is over her fear/phobia or whatever you want to call it.
These first few weeks of school have flown by. You know what they say, "time flies when you are having fun", so I guess that is true. I absolutely love my job! I am super busy ALL day long and sometimes forget to eat lunch, but I don't mind because I love what I am doing. This is my niche and I am so thankful that I am able to go to work everyday and LOVE what I do. This position has changed my perspective as a teacher/educator and made me see the big picture for my future. I have never been so passionate about anything in my life as I am about helping make every child at our school feel successful. Last year, was a tough year for me and I think alot of it had to do with me being preggo, but I am not sure. I was in a funk or something. It took a lot of guts for me to admit that, but as a teacher, I felt like I could be better. I prayed that God would put me where he wanted me to be, where I was supposed to be, doing what I was supposed to be doing...and he did. I didn't apply for this position, my principal came to me. Now, for those of you who pray and have had prayers answered, you will understand that this could have only happened because of prayer...end of story! Now don't get me wrong, I loved being in the classroom and LOVED teaching my 6-8th graders! They are remarkable!!! I also love the little ones that I am teaching now. I have Kindergarten students and work with them on DIBELS intervention, and it is a whole new world for me, but they are the sweetest things on earth!!! This job has been one of the biggest blessings of my life. I don't just go through the motions, I try very hard to make every child that I come in contact with feel like they are the most important person in the school. I believe everything happens for a reason, and if we don't know that reason right away, we will someday!

PS Thanks to Paula Morris for asking the question...What do you live for? I guess that is where all of this came from!:)

2 comments:

Morris Family Of Four said...

Alison,
I just love you. God has ALSO answered my prayers and given me good Christian people(like you)to make me a better person.
Thank you for just being you. I wish more people in the world could be as caring as you. Have a GREAT fall break.Kiss Channing 600 times every day this week(until she gets mad and starts to cry) and she will never miss me TeeHee.
Love, Paula

Tanya said...

Alison, I cried when I read this post as it hit home really hard. Thank you. I am so glad God has put you in my life.(even though I haven't really gotten to know you that well yet :-) You are an inspiration. Your post actually inspired me to write one of my own that I felt someone might need to hear. (like I needed yours :-)I hope you don't mind. Yours just meant so much. Thank you. Lots of love.