10.12.2008

My Granny Ma and Pap


Here is a picture of my wonderful grandparents and Channing from our family dinner yesterday . Channing's middle name is Cope, which is my Granny Ma's maiden name, but was also her mother's maiden name. Confused yet??? Let me explain...my Granny Ma's mother's maiden name was Cope, but then she married a Cope. No, they were not related! But that is a little joke in our family.
The swing they are sitting in is on my back porch, but was Granny Ma's mother's day gift about 20 years ago. She never hung it on her porch, so when we built our house, I asked her if I could hang it, and she said of course, but only if she could come here and swing in it!
My pap has beginning Alzhiemer's, but had a really good day yesterday. He was in very good spirits and seemed to be himself! I just wanted to share this sweet picture of my grandparents! They are two of the most amazing people on this earth and we love them so!!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Alison you enjoy every moment with your sweet grandparents! I visited with my mom this past weekend and I made a vow to see her more often. Thanks for sharing your sweet memories, I love reading about your family ties!
Have a great rest of the week,
:)
Sheila

House Queen said...

Precious!