9.08.2008

The Fair is here!!

Today marks the beginning of the fair! Ahhh, the memories. When I was a child, it was the time of the year that I couldn't wait for. I loved going with my friends and hanging out. We never really rode that many rides. Most of the time it was just a big social gathering and a time to see all the cute guys. :) Now that I am older, it has a whole new meaning. It is no longer about me and what I like, it is only about Arden. And when Channing is old enough, she will enjoy it too. We are not going tonight because I am too tired. We will go tomorrow night and see what we can get into, but tonight I am staying far away!! Arden's birthday is Friday, so after Channing's Dr's appt. and when Mike gets home, we will make our way over to fight the crowds. Nothing like trying to push a stroller through a sea of people!
If you have a favorite memory, please share! I would love to hear it!

3 comments:

House Queen said...

I always LOVED the BUMPER CARS the best! I still do! LOL I had to ride them this year with Garrison because he was too young to ride with Keyton. I still got a kick out of it...and I got to bump into some of my students which was fun for us all!

Saylorsmom said...

When I was in high school me and my BFF Lori Steakley lived at the fair. We were practically carnies. Just kidding. We stayed at the Himalaya and we thought we were so cool! lol

Danielle said...

I have so many memories of the fair, that I couldn't just share one. So, I tell you my latest one. We took the girls to the petting zoo on Sat. They both were in their strollers and were eye level with the animals. We got to the goats and one stuck it's head through the fence. He headed straight for Marlee's hair, with his mouth wide open. She was trying her best to get away from him. I wish that I would have had my camera ready, it was too cute!