4.02.2009

Thanks so much!

I want to thank all of my friends and family who have called, texted, and helped me out the past couple of days. I got up Tuesday morning feeling yucky and aching all over, but had lots of stuff to do at school and figured I would be fine. So I popped a couple of ibuprofen and went on all day feeling ok, but not great. By 2:00 that afternoon, I was miserable. I came home and went straight to bed feeling like I had been hit by a truck. Thank goodness Mike was off Tuesday night and was here to help with the girls. I stayed home yesterday debating on calling the dr. or the funeral home because I wasn't sure which one I needed. Then I get a call from school that Arden's temp. is 102.4, so I drag myself off the couch and head to Morrison. On my way there, I called to check on Cha Cha and find out that she also has a temp and is not feeling well. I get Arden and then drop by at Pre Pioneer and have Mrs. Paula bring her to the car because I didn't want to go in and scare the poor kids to death with the way I looked and sure didn't want to contaminate the place. Arden and I go to the dr. to find out that I have the flu and she has strep. I rarely get sick and when I do it usually doesn't stick around long, but this is the real deal. Mom came last night and stayed with us because Mike leaves at 9:30 to go to work and she didn't want me to be here by myself. She helped me all day with the girls and did laundry. This afternoon"my sis" Paula brought us "HOMEMADE" (of course) chicken noodle soup, crackers, kleenex, and jello! I haven't eaten anything much since I have been sick, but the soup hit the spot. It was great! Thank you to everyone who has checked on us, you all are the best. I feel worse today than I did yesterday, but did take a shower and that has made me feel a little better. Hopefully the Flumadine will work its magic and I will be back in commission by the weekend.




I snapped this picture of the girls today while they were resting in the recliner...then Foxy joined in hoping to get a cheese puff.

8 comments:

Morris Family Of Four said...

I Love You All, Especially... You Know Who !
Ihope EVERYONE iS feeling Better Soon.
Give Lots Of Kisses, I Will Miss A Couple Of Days Worth.

Paula Wanamaker said...

I thought some homemade chicken noodle soup would make you feel better:)I made a double-batch so we would have enough for supper too! We've all had the "crud" too, and was hoping the soup might help us all!
Mom always made sure we had plenty of Kleenex, so I figured you might need some too. Also, since Ardie has strep, I thought the Jello would be soothing on her throat:)
Also, I didn't have anything for ChaCha but some animal crackers, so I had to bring those for her:)
Love to you all and hope your better soon. Love, Auntie;)
p.s.--do you follow my blog???haha

Tanya said...

Olivia is sitting here in my lap looking at your blog picture screaming, "Hey, that's Baby Chinese!!" Too funny!! Anyway, I am so glad you are starting to feel a little better. I haven't had the flu in years, but I do remember how horrible it was!! I am so sorry. I hope you and the girls are back on your feet soon. I love ya bunches!

By the way, I'm like Paula, do you "follow" my blog?? Hahahahaha... Love ya. :-)

House Queen said...

So sorry you guys have felt bad! Hope you are all better soon!

Ashley said...

I love love love channing's face... can I borrow her tan :)

Sheila said...

I hope you all are feeling better soon! I had the full this time last year, OMG I thought I was going to die.
I hope you all feel better soon.
Hugs
sheila

lajuana said...

I hope all off you are feeling better soon. I really miss getting to see all of you.
love,Miss LaJuana

Saylorsmom said...

I hope you are better soon. The flu sucks and so does strep. All of you rest and drink plenty of fluids. lol I wanted to be a dr. Keep us posted on how you are feeling and your mom is so sweet!