2.11.2009

I needed this...

so badly.
Today was one of those days where you feel like no matter how hard you try to do the right thing, it just doesn't work out. Everyone has had those days! These days tend to slip up on me when I least expect them...when I think all is well with the world and then BAM!
Our lesson at church tonight was Phillipians Ch. 4 vs.1-23 I don't think I have ever read this chapter in its entirety, and am really glad that we did tonight. It was just what I needed; it basically tells us to rejoice and be joyful in all we do, not to worry, give our troubles to God, and be considerate at all times. The hardest one for me is worrying. I am a worry wart at heart, but am really going to work on this. I have always heard the quote Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me", but never really thought about it very much until tonight. It is such a powerful verse and is so true.

1 comment:

House Queen said...

Thanks for sharing! I will read that tonight. I am such a worry wart too! I miss you Alison!