1.25.2009

Where have I been??








Well, where do I start? Since my last post, we were actually out of school for a total of 6 days! That was VERRRRYYYY nice! However, I was ready to go back and get on schedule...or so I thought! But while we were off I stayed pretty busy cleaning house, doing homework and just hanging out. On Monday night I hosted Keno for my girlfriends from church (missed you Tanya). We had a blast and I won a lime green body pillow, which Mike has taken over! Tuesday, Mike, mom, Arden, Channing and I were going to go to the Bounce Barn but they were closed, so we had lunch at Boskey's...yummmooo as usual! I suggest the Chicken Salad Sandwich and mushrooms, but everything there is deeelicious!!!
Tuesday night we watched Fireproof with some other couples at church. It is also being showed tonight for the public...if you are married and you haven't seen it, you should! It is awesome! There is a couples class that goes along with it called Fireproofing your marriage that begins on the 8th. Thursday it was back to school! Friday morning started off as usual...up at 5:30 yada yada yada! I get Channing up at 6:15, just like everyday put her on the changing table to get her dressed. Well, this morning she decides that she wants to roll off of the table onto the floor and make her mommy have a heart attack! Mike was already out the door getting ready to leave for work and I yelled at him to come back in the house. He had no idea what was going on but within a minute we were in the car on the way to the ER. Channing never really cried and that is what had me scared. By the time we got to the ER, she was laughing and being her happy self. I still wanted to have her checked out because you can never be too sure. The Dr. came in and ordered an MRI. She wasn't really excited about having to lay still and I had to take her earrings out...she didn't like that either! But she was a champ and did great. Everything came back ok. Thank goodness! While all of this was going on Paula called to see if she could get Arden after school and when she heard what was happening, she came and got Arden from the ER and took her home with her. I assumed we would be at the hospital all day but to my surprise, it was a quick trip. It was a very scary experience, but everyone says that children must fall off of something before they are a year old, so I guess she is good! :)She also has a new nickname...I am going to call her Bam Bam!! She is one tough little girl!

Saturday we did go to the Bounce Barn and it is fab! Carrie, Caylie, Wes, Regan, Connor, Arden, Channing and I took off around 10:30. We "bounced" til about 12:30 and then stopped at Cracker Barrell on the way home. We had a great time and I think this will be our next birthday party place. I had as much fun as the kids and it is a great workout! Especially when you are carrying a 2 year old up with you! I have pix that I will post later!

8 comments:

Veronica Stepien said...

Glad to here Channing is ok. i remember when Emmy was about 6 months old she flipped herself and her carrier off of our dining room table. I think I cried for 2 hours solid. My MIL laughed at me and said all babies fall at some point. Have a good week. Veronica

Saylorsmom said...

Whew, I know that scared you too death. I am glad she was fine. I need to check out the Bounce Barn. I keep forgeting about it.

LeAnne Grissom said...

I know you were worried. Clint fell down the laundry room steps in his walker on the concrete floor. I think all Moms can feel that pain. I hope your week will be better. Anything after Monday will be I know. Have a great week.

Tammy said...

I told Andy what had happen to Channing Friday afternoon and I bet he asked me a hundred times over the weekend if she was ok!!lol
I'm glad that she is ok. I know how that feels, I've been to the ER more then once with somebody falling or getting hit "with a ball"! Speaking of, Andy somehow fell off the bed (my bed) when he was three months old! Stacey's dad had just got home a couple of days before it happen from the hospital having open-heart surgery. When Andy fell and was crying really, really loud, I thought we was going to have to load Stacey's dad back in the car and go to the hospital again!!Have a good week!!

House Queen said...

So glad Channing is ok! Whew! I hate getting scared like that!

Mylie and Me said...

Wasn't the movie great? Our small group is doing the fireproof your marriage study and we are enjoying it.
Hannah had her bday at the bounce barn and we loved it. It is very fun. Let us know next time you go so we could meet you there!
Glad Cha Cha is o.k. We miss you all. Hope to see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Alison- I feel your pain with the falling, it seems like maggy mai spends more time falling than walking! I am glad that everything was ok with Channing. I hope everyone is doing well!- Detra

Tanya said...

Looks like you are as busy as I am these days friend. I am glad my little friend is okay. I know that had to scare you to death. I hope you are all doing well and classes are going good for ya. See ya Sunday! (I hope!)