1.03.2009

Update

We have had alot going on at our house the past couple of weeks. I am sure everyone else feels like I do...too much to do and not enough time. We had a fabulous Christmas and, as usual, ate too much, slept too late and got too many gifts, but I am so thankful for it all. This Christmas we special because it was Channing's first, but she could have cared less, so it was still really all about Arden. Next year, Channing will be more aware of what's going on.

The Monday after Christmas we headed to Chattanooga to spend a couple of days at Uncle Danny and Bubble's house. We had a blast! Kirby, Regan, Connor, Jennifer, Mylie, and Salem were also there at the same time we were, so the house was full and we slept in the floor, in the recliner, had 2 babies in pack n plays, another baby on the couch, and some in beds. It was fun to be together! As if we are not together enough already! :) We had a great New Years, as well. We spent time with friends and family on New Year's Eve. We had lunch at Donald and Tish's Cabin, played games, and I laughed til I cried and then had dinner at Mim's house on New Year's Day. That is all we have done for 2 weeks is eat! I am sick of food!

Mike loves his job with the highway patrol and I am so thankful he is doing something he loves. When he worked at Bridgestone, he was not happy, but it was a great job and he did it for us. Now we are both fortunate to have jobs that we enjoy going to each day. Work shouldn't feel like work, it should be your passion!

I started my classes on the 30th and am working my tail off! I have already had to write a paper(love writing papers, seriously! That is my thing!) and have a group project due on Monday. It is going great and I am learning so much from the other teachers in my class.

Arden lost another tooth on Thursday night, so she is racking up from the tooth fairy! She looks so cute, but I will be glad when her adult teeth come in...or maybe not, because that will mean braces very soon!
Sorry I don't have any new pictures, I will have some in the next few days, hopefully.

I hope everyone has a great 2009! May you be blessed like you have never been blessed, love like you have never been loved, and give like you have never given!

Now, if someone has a secret potion to make me get back on my "school schedule" of going to bed at 8:30 and getting up at 5:00, would you please send it to me! I have been going to bed at 1:00 or 2:00 and not getting up until 9:00, what I am going to do Monday morning, I have NO IDEA!!!

7 comments:

Saylorsmom said...

I want the potion if you find it. I feel like such a slug from being off work. lol I am kind of looking forward to getting back to my routine. I think my kids will need the potion more than me. Saylor is really off her schedule. I dread Tuesday morning. Anywho, I am glad Mike likes his job and you are right. Your job should be your passion and not just something you do. It makes life so much easier. Happy 2009 and I am sure I will see you again soon.

DIY and Stuff ---Poo and Doo Style! said...

Allison, C_O_F_F_E_E is the answer to many problems, but a sugar cookie or two with the coffee that is the potion!!!! Have a great week-Love ya-Debbie

Morris Family Of Four said...

You think your gonna be out of whack? Think about me, used to going to bed at 7:00. I have been staying up til....9:00!
HOW WILL I EVER GET BACK ! HaHa
See you soon.

LeAnne Grissom said...

I love the new look on the blog. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. The boys are even ready to go back to school. Have a great week.

House Queen said...

We are going to be in SHOCK in the morning! Look at me...it is 10:30 and I am still up!!! I dread it so bad...but I will get in the swing of things once I get going!

Tanya said...

I can't believe Channing lets you sleep till 9:00!!!!! Olivia is up every morning at 5:30. No joke. Maybe 6 or 6:30 if we are lucky. It seems like she may be sleeping longer as she's getting older. What time does Channing go to bed? Of course, this has been working out with my schedule, so I guess it's okay, but it would be nice to get to sleep in sometimes or just have that mommy time in the mornings cause I'm up anyway...It sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday. I am happy for Mike.. I hope Jason gets to pursue his passion when I get out of school. I don't know if he will or not. He has it made really. Good luck with your classes. Mine start the 15th and I am getting nervous already. I love ya friend. I forget this is comments, not letters!! hehehe

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Allison- WILL YOU SHARE IF YOU FIND IT? I need some potion too.