8.21.2008

Happy Birthday Granny Ma!


Today is my Granny Ma's 82nd birthday! She is an amazing woman who loves her family unconditionally and is the perfect example of what a christian should be. She never has an unkind word to say about anyone and puts God first in everything she does. I could write pages about how wonderful she is, but it still wouldn't be enough. She is the glue that holds our family together through the tough times, and heaven knows we have had our fair share, but she still never loses faith in God. She is one of the most amazing people that I have ever met and has instilled in her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to stay faithful and you will prevail. Another reason why she is special to me is because Channing is named after her. Channing's middle name is Cope, which is Granny Ma's maiden name. I had always wanted to name my children afer her, but when we were little, she pretty much threatened us within an inch of our life if we even mentioned it, because she did not like her name, Cartie Inez ,at all. The closest thing she would allow anyone to use was Carter and that is where Carter J's name came from. I loved the name Cope and thought it was the perfect compliment for Channing's name and a wonderful way to honor her.
We love you Granny Ma and hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: