5.08.2008

Gettin' Ready

It seemed as if it would never get here, but the day has finally arrived! Tomorrow morning by this time, I should be holding my new baby girl! Yesterday was my last day of work, so that was a relief! I am so glad that I was healthy enough to be able to work the entire time, but I am worn out! The end of the year is always crazy...fun, but crazy! My wonderful co-workers gave me a shower on Tuesday afternoon and they went all out! It was decorated so beautifully and I go more stuff than I can even begin to list! Arden and I went to Wal Mart yesterday after my pedicure and finished buying bottles, "Nuks" (pacifiers), wash cloths, towels, and snacks for the hospital. She is so excited, she can hardly stand it! Kirby came over and completely organized the entire nursery for me. That was such a huge help! She put all the onesies, gowns, etc. in order by size! I can't thank her enough because I just didn't have the energy to do it!! Tonight after the ballgame, Mom, Mike, Arden and I are driving on to Nashville to spend the night at a hotel across the street from the hospital because I have to be there in the morning at
5:30. The C-section is scheduled for 7:30, which is exactly the same time as Arden's, and she was born at 8:05, so hopefully things will unfold the same way. I am so ready for this to be over with and little anxious. With my first pregnancy, I didn't know what to expect with the epidural, recovery etc. Now, I do know and that makes me a little nervous. I had THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE with the epidural! And from what I had been told, that was supposed to be a breeze! The lady that gave it to me, "dug" around in my back for about 30 minutes trying to figure out where to put it and when she finally got it in, I was in tears and begging for them to knock me out!!!!!!! I was left with a bruise the size of a large grapefruit on my back. I haven't forgotten her face and I hope she has either retired or moved to a foreign country, because if she steps foot into my room, the gloves will come off!!! Today I will be packing, cleaning and going to get my eye brows waxed! Mike took Arden to school and is hoping to come home and mow the yard, but from the looks of the sky, he won't get to do that. I am taking the lap top to the hospital so we can hopefully post some pictures over the weekend. Please keep us in your prayers! Especially pray that that anestesiologist has found a new career!!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Good luck tomorrow, because, I know I want see you tonight(it's going to rain)!Andy will be sooo lost without Arden tomorrow! Let me know if you need anything. It's funny you mentioned the epidural thing because when I had Andy the lady that gave it to me did the same thing. After 45 minutes and Stacey telling them to find someone with experience I finally got mine. But, that was in Murfreesboro. We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow and can't wait to see her.
love ya
Stacey,Tammy,Rylan,Andy and Graylin

Saylorsmom said...

I am sooo excited for you and your family!!! I bet Arden will be a great big sister. You will have better luck with your epidural this time I am sure. I was always terrified of that part and I don't even remember getting mine when I had Saylor. They had given me too much of something. Good luck to you all and Happy Mother's Day!!!

Holly Hodges

Stephanie Edens said...

how wonderful that you'll have your sweet girl here just in time for mother's day!!!

best of luck tomorrow :)

love,
stephanie

Anonymous said...

Good luck Allison! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.


Sally

Kirby Williams said...

I LOVE YOU CISSY! Everything is going to be fine. I can't wait to hold my precious baby girl! I love you and hope everythig goes well. See you tomorrow. Your the best cousin ever. Love you so much.

Shannon's Stuff said...

I hope your delivery is a breeze. I can't wait to see what your beautiful baby girl will looks like. Good luck and if you need anything, let me know.

Stephanie Smith said...

good luck! I'm excited for you - hope it goes well!!

Michelle said...

Good luck to you all!! Isn't it great what we go through to get our bundles of joy!! I hope all goes well. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!

Brandie said...

We are all thinking about you! I know Arden and Mim are barely able to contain themselves. Best of luck! Can't wait to see the pics!!!
B

Unknown said...

Congrats on baby Channing! Tish showed me a pic and she is absolutly gorgeous!

Ashley said...

congrats, she is beautiful. Kirby sent me a picture that morning. you are one lucky mom, and they are two lucky girls :).