3.15.2009

Off to the Wilderness in the Smokies!

Sorry I have been absent from blogging. I have been super busy with school, church camp, Parent Teacher conferences, grad classes, Relay for Life... and just life! I know everyone is just as busy as I am because that is just life these days and we have to learn to adapt and go on. I hate that I have had to put blogging on the back burner, but it isn't a priority right now. I am trying to balance everything and still make time for my family, but feel that some days I fail miserably at this. There is something going on everyday and when I get home and get the girls off to bed, Mikes leaves for his shift and then I begin homework for about 2 hours. If you have children, young or old, please listen to the new song on my playlist. It is beautiful and so true...it describes my life perfectly! It is was a reality check for me and had me grabbing the Kleenex!

Arden and I went to church camp on Friday and got back yesterday afternoon and she had a blast. The weather was cold and wet, but the kids loved it and I got some really cute ideas for my Sunday School class, so it was worth it! We are heading to Gatlinburg in the morning with 3 other couples and children from church so I will have plenty of pictures to post from that trip. I am so excited about the indoor water park because it is always 86 degrees and with the cold temps we have been having, it will be a great change! I need a break from all the daily drama and can't wait to relax for a few days!
Lots of love,
Alison

3 comments:

Paula Wanamaker said...

I MISS YOU AND EVERYONE SO MUCH! I was so glad to get to see you for just a few minutes at the Relay meeting the other night. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and lots of fun too! Remember what to get me:)
I love your new background too, and especially the quote from Miss Piggy:)
Give Ardie and ChaCha kisses from Auntie:) I love you sis:)
Paudie Ann Ung

Tanya said...

Alison, I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! Let me know how Wilderness is, we go in July. I enjoyed finally getting to spend some bonding time with "Baby Chinese" yesterday. She is precious. Enjoy your spring break!

LeAnne Grissom said...

I love this song too! It is a real tear jerker. I hope you guys have a great time. We went this past summer and had a great time at the outdoor waterpark. The big tube side was all our favorite. Can't wait to see some pictures.